Terms & Conditions
Booking terms and conditions for individual Bookings
1. Making a booking
- (a) All bookings are made with Celtic Horizon Tours (CHT).
- (b) For bookings which are made on behalf of a Third Party or through a Travel Agency, our client is the individual or Travel Agency who actually makes the booking with CHT.
- (c) It is a compulsory requirement that an original, properly completed, signed Booking Form accompanied by the relevant payment and Travel Insurance payment (where applicable) per person including minors is received by CHT prior to departure. In the absence of same, CHT reserves the right to refuse to carry any persons named on that booking and all monies paid to CHT will be forfeited without question.
- (d) No additions, deletions, changes, or promises may be made relating to these conditions save by a Director of CHT, in writing and signed by said Director.
- (e) It is the responsibility of the person or Travel Agency making the booking with CHT to ensure that all relevant information relating to the trip/event/excursion is provided to the person(s) actually travelling and to furnish them with the relevant documentation supplied by CHT.
2. Obligations of the client/consumer
The client/consumer shall check all travel documentation immediately it is furnished to him. If the consumer/client considers any document is incorrect or has a query in relation to its contents he shall forwith notify the Retailer or Organiser of his concern and they shall respond as soon as possible. It is the sole reponsibility of the Consumer/client to ensure that all travel documents ie passports / visa (where relevant) etc. are in order.
3. Travel Insurance
We recommend that everybody travelling has Travel Insurance cover. This may be purchased from Celtic Horizon Tours or any other source provided the level of cover is of equal to or greater than that available from CHT. If anybody chooses to travel without any insurance cover, they MUST complete and sign the relevant section on the front of this form. In the absence of this waiver, CHT reserves the right to refuse to carry persons without Travel Insurance and the person(s) will forfeit all monies paid. The Consumer’s/client’s attention is drawn to the exclusion clauses and excess in the insurance policy arranged by the Organiser. It is the responsibility of the consumer/client to read their insurance policy before they travel and check that the insurance scheme provides the Consumer/client with his desired level of cover. In so arranging insurance cover for the Consumer/client the Organiser is acting as the agent of the relevant insurer and shall not be responsible to the Consumer/client for any default by the insurer under that policy. All claims made against the insurance policy shall be made directly to the insurer. The Consumer/client shall be responsible for making any special or increased insurance arrangements which he deems necessary.
- (a) The person who signs the Booking Form is responsible for all payments being made in full. Final payment must be received no later than 8 (eight) weeks prior to departure of the excursion unless otherwise specified.
- (b) If CHT does not receive the full amount outstanding by the due date, CHT reserves the right at any subsequent time before departure to cancel the booking and charge cancellation charges in accordance with the scale set out in Condition 6.
- (c) All first deposits are non-refundable except in the circumstances outlined in Condition 6(c).
- (d) Bookings made within 8 (eight) weeks of departure date must be paid in full at the time of booking unless otherwise specified.
Our prices are based on costs and exchange rates as at 01 January 2012. CHT reserves the right to pass on any increases due to fluctuation in currency exchange rates, increases imposed by suppliers or any increases due to Government action. By Government action, we mean events such as the imposition of a new tax in the Republic of Ireland or abroad, or an increase in an existing tax or levy, or a catastrophe such as war which causes major disruption to oil supplies. CHT reserves the right to surcharge you for any increase in fuel or other costs at any time up to 30 days before your departure. Alterations in currency exchange rates must also be taken into consideration.
- (a) Cancellation by you:-If you have to cancel a booking, we must be notified in writing by recorded letter or e-mail as soon as possible. Cancellation of a booking is effective only when received in writing by CHT from the person signing the booking form.
In such circumstances our standard cancellation policy is:
- Prior to 8 weeks of event ……loss of deposit amount. If you have paid more than the deposit required, then the balance over and above the required deposit will be refunded.
- Within 8 weeks of event….100% cancellation fee applies, no monies will be refunded
- However, there is an exception to this standard policy, especially but not solely confined to events where full payment is required at the time of booking and these are non-refundable, it is 100% cancellation fee. Such events include but are not confined nor restricted to Football Hospitality Match Ticket packages, all Spanish football packages, all Italian football packages, all F1 Grand Prix packages.
- (b) Please remember that many risks for cancellation (other than disinclination to travel) are covered by Travel Insurance generally. You are advised to clarify these particulars with your Insurance company. For policies purchased through CHT, full insurance details are available on request.
- (c) In the unlikely event of CHT having to cancel an excursion for any reason whatsoever including but not restricted to Government travel advice, pandemic illness including but not restricted to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), lack of numbers, a full refund of all monies paid (not including travel insurance) will be made where possible. If CHT does not get full refunds from suppliers then CHT will be entitled to process refunds less any amounts not refunded by such suppliers. However, where available, you may opt to transfer monies paid to an alternative excursion.
7. Name changes
- (a) For packages where travel is by coach and ferry, deposits and other payments of any member cancelling may be transferred to a replacement person up to 72 hours prior to departure. Name changes will be subject to a fee and must be notified in writing. Note that Travel Insurance cannot be transferred to another person and a new policy for the replacement person(s) will be required.
- (b) For packages involving flight travel, see 19(b).
8. If a match/event is transferred, postponed, or cancelled
- (a) For events by coach and ferry travel, where, prior to departure, an event/fixture is changed, transferred, or postponed for any reason whatsoever, it is agreed that all monies will be transferred to the new date without question. Refunds are not available in these circumstances. Name substitution may be subject to Condition 7(a) above. If departure has occurred prior to notification of such changes outlined herein, the tour will proceed as a leisure break and a refund of entrance fees will be provided on return.
- (b) For events involving air travel, where an event/fixture is changed, transferred, or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the tour will proceed as a leisure break unless the airline can provide flights without any increase in costs or imposition of penalties for the new dates involved.
- (c) For events where CHT provides match ticket and hotel accommodation only, should there be changes, cancellations, postponements or transfers of matches, the costs of accommodation are not refundable. CHT will endeavour to obtain refunds on the match ticket element, but this is subject to such refunds being made available to CHT initially.
9. Cancellation of ferries
If ferries are cancelled prior to departure, CHT will do everything in its power to get you or your party to the said destination by arranging alternative ferry routes or sailings. CHT cannot be held responsible for late arrival at or missing an event. Refunds will not be given unless CHT receives refunds from suppliers.
10. If there is a change of plan
- (a) While CHT will at all times endeavour to satisfy clients’ requirements, nevertheless, because of changing circumstances, CHT must reserve the right to make alterations to any booking made. If, for any reason, the details of your tour/excursion have to be changed before departure, CHT will inform you as soon as possible.
- (b) If any changes would substantially alter your tour/excursion and you do not wish to accept it, CHT will offer you the alternative of accepting services or accommodation of comparable standard to those originally booked or a full refund of all monies paid (except in the circumstances outlined in Conditions 8 and 9).
11. Events beyond CHT’s control
War, or the threat of war, terrorist activity, political unrest, riots, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural disaster, restrictions implemented by any Government or Administration, Travel Advice provided by any Government or Administration, pandemic illness including but not restricted to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), closure of airports or ports, roadworks, technical problems with or accidents involving aircraft or other transport (including traffic accidents/delays), fire, bad weather, force majeure (including breach of contract by any supplier of CHT) can affect the planned excursion arrangements. If any such event occurs before departure and you decline to accept alternative arrangements CHT may offer, CHT will be entitled to retain reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the original booking.
12. If you have a complaint
Should you have a complaint, please inform the CHT representative at the earliest opportunity. CHT will do everything possible to help you. If the matter cannot be put right on the spot, please follow it up with a letter to CHT within 28 days of returning from your excursion as CHT will not accept liability for claims received outside this period. CHT normally manages to agree an amicable settlement of the few complaints received. In the unlikely event that an agreed settlement cannot be reached, you can take advantage of the special Arbitration scheme outlined in Condition 13.
If any question of difference shall arise between the customer and CHT regarding this contract or by the construction thereof, the same shall be referred to the award and final determination of an Arbitrator to be agreed upon by the customer and a panel of not less than ten practicing solicitors of more than seven years standing, nominated by CHT’s Legal Advisors, such arbitrators to have all the powers of Arbitration arising under the provisions of the Arbitration Acts. Such Arbitration must take place prior to any legal proceeding issued unless the right to Arbitrate is waived by CHT. The venue for such Arbitration shall be Dublin and appropriate law shall be Irish Law. At any such Arbitration, the customer shall admit into evidence the written statement of any Agent, Representative, Courier, Hotelier, or other like person for the purpose of proving matters of fact. This clause is specifically intended to minimise the cost of Arbitration.
CHT will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to luggage, except upon proof of negligence of CHT staff members (this does not include agents/drivers acting on behalf of CHT) and of damage in excess of normal wear and tear. Lack of proper care towards your luggage could result in your claim being turned down. The tour operators are not liable for lost property on the coach or otherwise.
15. The supervision and behaviour of parties
In signing the booking form the Party Leader also accepts responsibility for the good conduct of all participants during the tour/excursion and warrants that at least one responsible adult will be on active duty at all times to ensure that all participants behave well. Furthermore, it is the Party Leader’s responsibility specifically to ensure that:-
- (a) no participant under 18 years of age consumes alcoholic drinks;
- (b) all local laws relating to the consumption of alcohol are at all times obeyed by the participants;
- (c) no participant consumes alcohol to excess;
- (d) no participant smokes in a hotel/hostel bedroom or in any way causes a fire hazard;
- (e) participants act in a responsible fashion during the tour/excursion and do not behave in a way likely to cause damage to property, or damages or causes offence to other people.
A Good Behaviour Bond of €500 per group will be charged initially to each group booking. This Bond will be refunded once the transport supplier(s) and accommodation supplier(s) have advised that no damage or inconvenience has been caused. Should any damage or inconvenience be reported by a supplier then the Bond will be forfeited in full.
16. Conduct and Behaviour
All persons travelling on any coach trip undertake to accept and follow all instructions issued by the coach driver and/or guide.The good conduct and behaviour of all persons is an essential element of the trip and accordingly the coach driver and/or guide have full authority to remove any person(s) who fail to comply with instructions and requests. No refunds will be issued in such circumstances.
CHT is pleased to accept full responsibility for arranging with reasonable skill and attention any excursion booked with it. However, it is not possible for CHT to be responsible for the day to day running of the various hotels, hostels, youth centres supplied, or the various airlines, ferries, trains and coaches, or any other service not directly under the control of CHT. Accordingly, CHT wishes to make it quite clear that it will not in any circumstances be responsible for any additional expense, distress, disappointment, loss, damage, injury, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity resulting from or attributable to the act or default of any company, firm or persons in connection with the carrying out of such arrangements or bookings or the conveyance of any client. Every booking is accepted subject to the conditions imposed by the air, shipping, rail, coach, hotel, hostel, camp site, restaurant, insurance and other companies, firms or persons concerned with the excursion or any claim with respect to such matters must be made against the appropriate principal.
18. Driver hours
Please note that your final itinerary will be drawn up taking into account E.U. Drivers (Tachograph) Regulations. We would ask you as organizer to conform to this itinerary and not to request your driver(s) to work beyond the limit as this may render him subject to prosecution.
19. Air travel
- (a) In respect of any booking for which air travel forms a part thereof, the Booking Terms and Conditions of the contracting Airline supersede those of CHT where applicable.
- (b) Where a booking is made by CHT on behalf of a client with any Airline, any subsequent name or date change fees, including date changes due to the reschedulling of fixtures shall be the responsibility of the Client.
- We are obliged to inform you, at time of booking, of the identity of the operating air carrier(s) which is due to perform, or likely to perform, your flight and if there are any changes to the operating air carrier(s) we are obliged to inform you of any such change(s) as soon as possible. If we don’t know the identity of the operating carrier(s) at time of booking, we must inform you of same as soon as such identity is established. In all cases, we are obliged to inform you of the identity of the operating air carrier at check-in or on boarding, where no check-in is required for a connecting flight.
- “This Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of Article 11 (6) of Regulation 2111/2005 Regulation on the Establishment of a Community List of Air Carriers Subject to an Operating Ban within the Community and on Informing Air Transport Passengers of the Identity of Operating Air Carriers and the repealing of Article 9 of Directive 2004/361E”.
These Terms and Conditions published February 2012 supersede all previous issues.