Does your school have a team? Why not plan an exciting trip for the enthusiastic young footballer! We offer school teams the opportunity to attend a premier league match, have a coaching session with the staff of a Premier League Academy and play a friendly match against local opposition and have some fun element also!!
Set up in 1998, the academy provides a strong and effective youth programme for the recruitment and development of young footballers within Manchester City Football Club. Since then, 30 young players have emerged from the academy to play first-team football for Manchester City, an unprecedented achievement in the modern era.
In line with the Football Association’s Charter of Quality, the Academy prepares players of the future for the club and enables them to progress both on and off the field. Structured coaching, together with an educational and welfare programme throughout their time at the club, ensures that there is continuity for the players from the ages of 9-18.
Included in this package
- Three days luxury coach hire including driver’s expenses.
- Return ferry sailings, as specified.
- Two nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Britannia Hotel, Wigan, or similar.
- Stadium tour of Old Trafford.
- Stadium tour of Anfield.
- Seated match tickets at selected match.
- Two hour coaching session by coaches with the Manchester City FC Academy.
- Expenses for friendly matches, for example pitch hire, referee etc.
- Paid entrance ticket for evening activity.
- One free place for a teacher with every eight paying students.
- An allowance for teacher’s lunch.
- Travel insurance.
- Prices are dependent on dates, flight, numbers travelling etc. Please contact our office for more details.
- Itineraries are subject to change.
- Groups should make financial provision in the eventuality of their return ferry being delayed.
- When travelling abroad, please remember our team wear partner, UMBRO who are always on hand to assist you when selecting your kit.
Your local representative is John O’Rourke 086-0485106.
- It is also the responsibility of each person to be on time for all coach connections, coaches will not wait for latecomers.
- If the fixture changes to a Friday or Sunday the itinerary will be changed to reflect the new kick-off times. If however if the game changes to mid-week a different Premiership fixture will be offered on the original weekend selected.
04.15hrs: depart clubhouse.
07.10hrs: arrive North Wall.
08.05hrs: depart North Wall on Irish Ferries Ulysses.
11.25hrs: arrive Holyhead – transfer to Halewood.
14.30hrs: arrive Halewood – friendly matches at Halewood.
17.00hrs: depart Halewood.
18.00hrs: arrive Britannia Hotel, Wigan, or similar check-in and dinner.
[Evening activity: select from bowling, karting, ice-skating, amusement centre, swimming].
Return to hotel.
09.00hrs: depart hotel.
09.45hrs: arrive Manchester City FC Academy / Football in the Community (two hour coaching session with the coaches).
12.30hrs: depart coaching.
13.30hrs: arrive at the DW stadium.
[Wigan Athletic v Manchester United, (or similiar match) k.o. 15.00hrs, please note kick-off time and date maybe subject to change. The tickets are situated with the home fans. The wearing of away colours or expressions of support for the away team is expressly forbidden and may result in expulsion from the ground.]
17.15hrs: depart the stadium.
18.00hrs: arrive at the Trafford Centre – free-time at the centre.
20.00hrs: depart the Trafford Centre.
20.30hrs: arrive at the hotel and dinner.
08.30hrs: depart hotel.
09.15hrs: arrive at Old Trafford. Stadium tour of Old Trafford.
11.15hrs: depart Old Trafford.
12.15hrs: arrive Anfield. Stadium tour of Anfield.
14.15hrs: depart Anfield.
16.15hrs: arrive Holyhead.
17.15hrs: depart Holyhead on Irish Ferries Swift.
19.10hrs: arrive at the North Wall.
22.45hrs: arrive back at the clubhouse.
Manchester City Soccer Academy
Price on Enquiry