Liverpool confirm Naby Keita 2018 transfer
Liverpool have confirmed the agreement of a club-record deal to sign RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita next summer.
Sky Sports News understands the Reds will pay the £48m release clause that will allow Keita to join the club, as well as an undisclosed premium.
Keita completed a medical on Monday and will officially join Liverpool on July 1 next year. The fee will also surpass the £39.5m paid to Roma for Mohamed Salah this summer.
The Guinea international said: "I am delighted that an agreement has been reached and I will become part of a project that excites me greatly.
"My commitment to RBL remains absolute for the remainder of my time at the club. I have given my all every time I have worn the shirt - that will be the case until the final whistle, in my final appearance.
"Having my future resolved means I can now focus on helping RBL achieve great things this season. Until I join my new club, next summer, I will remain an interested supporter from a distance."
Liverpool had put their pursuit of the 22-year-old on hold in July, having had two bids rejected by the Bundesliga club.
A senior official at Leipzig told Sky Sports News that Keita would "100 per cent not be sold in this window", but a change in their stance has enabled Liverpool to strike a deal for 2018.
Leipzig had been attempting to convince the Guinea international, who has appeared three times so far this season, to sign a new contract.
Sky Sports News also understands Liverpool have made a £55.5m bid to Monaco for Thomas Lemar. It is believed Monaco have yet to accept or reject the offer as they assess options in their squad.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has so far added Salah, Dominic Solanke and Andy Robertson to his squad this summer.